Discover Relief from Back Pain at Ries Wellness
Statistics show that most people experience back pain at least once in life. If you're currently struggling with acute or chronic back discomfort, we encourage you to call us at Ries Wellness in Chicago, IL to schedule an appointment. Our chiropractor can help you find relief from the pain, stiffness, achiness, numbness, tingling, or other back pain symptoms you're experiencing.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain is often "idiopathic," meaning it doesn't have a clear cause or underlying diagnosis. When a specific diagnosis is possible, our chiropractor will often identify conditions like:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Disc bulge
- Spinal stenosis
- Muscle sprains
- Spinal ligament sprains
- Spinal joint misalignments or subluxations
- Nerve impingement (e.g., radiculopathy or sciatica)
Research has shown that factors like excessive sitting, repetitive heavy lifting, poor posture, stress, and being overweight can contribute to the stiffness, pain, and other symptoms you or a loved one might be feeling in your spine. Addressing these factors in addition to healing the underlying tissues can make a world of difference.
How Our Chiropractor in Chicago Treats Back Pain
The first thing you can expect when seeing our chiropractor in Chicago for back pain is a thorough, one-on-one examination. During this examination, our chiropractor will perform physical tests, learn about your medical and family history, and assess your movement and day-to-day activities. Based on the examination, Dr. Ries will be able to devise a unique treatment plan and implement healing techniques that can provide relief in as little as one session! Our most popular and effective treatments for back pain include:
- Spinal manipulations and adjustments: get your spinal column back in alignment and reduce pressure on nerves, joints, and discs
- Stretches and exercises: improve mobility and restore muscle strength and endurance for longer-lasting relief and improved function
- Non-invasive modalities: cold laser therapy, electrical stimulation, and other techniques support your body's natural healing power and can provide fast pain relief
- Lifestyle and nutritional advice: head home with tools and strategies (like dietary modifications, workspace ergonomic upgrades, and sleep hygiene techniques) that will enhance the healing work we do together in the clinic
Bothered by Back Pain?
Back pain is common, but it doesn't have to be a part of your daily life forever. If you live in Chicago, IL or a nearby community and would like to heal from your back pain naturally, contact Ries Wellness at (312) 636-3786 to schedule an initial consultation with our chiropractor, Dr. Anthony Ries.