Neck Pain Relief in Chicago, IL at Ries Wellness
If you've ever felt neck pain before, you know how disruptive this condition can be. Driving, sleeping, working, and even getting dressed can be a struggle when you have a stiff, sore, and achy cervical spine. Why is causing your neck pain, and what can be done to give you lasting relief? Our chiropractor in Chicago IL, Dr. Anthony Ries, is happy to answer these questions and get you feeling better soon, without drugs or invasive procedures.
Neck Pain: Causes and Risk Factors
Neck pain can affect people of all ages and backgrounds, although it appears to be more common in women. Poor posture, which we see often in people who slouch at a desk or hunch over while driving or using their smartphone, is a leading risk factor of neck pain. In fact, holding your head forward by just one inch can double the relative force going through your neck. Over time, this strain and increased force can lead to common neck pain conditions like osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, muscle strains, nerve impingement, headaches, and jaw dysfunction.
Other causes of neck pain include:
- Repetitive overhead movement
- Acute injuries from auto accidents or sports injury, e.g., whiplash
- Genetic factors, e.g., scoliosis
How Our Chicago Chiropractor Treats Neck Pain
Whether neck pain is acute or chronic, many people are reluctant to rely on pain medications that only give temporary relief. If you've been looking for natural solutions to your pain, we encourage you to connect with our Chicago chiropractor. We can get you started on an individualized treatment plan that can:
- Restore joint alignment and mobility with techniques like spinal adjustments and chiropractic manipulations
- Improve tissue healing and circulation with myofascial release and massage
- Improve range of motion and muscular endurance of the entire spine with customized stretches and exercises
- Reduce pain and inflammation with non-invasive modalities like electrical stimulation and cold laser therapy
- Support holistic, whole-body healing with lifestyle and dietary guidance
If You Have Neck Pain, Call Our Chicago Chiropractor for Help
You don't have to depend on medications or surgery to get lasting relief from neck pain. Call Ries Wellness today at (312) 636-3786 if you'd like to experience what it's like to receive individualized, research-backed chiropractic care for neck pain.